Sign in to follow this  
Guest m3pimpin

Trouble with Squawkbox?

Guest m3pimpin

Hi, I have been recently having trouble with Squawkbox, or at least I think it might be Squawkbox. I do everything exactly to what you have to do to connect to Vatsim, when it reaches the point in where it says "looking for games...." nothing shows up, you can stay there all day and nothing will show up. I have deleted Squawkbox and downloaded it and installed it again, but the same thing happens. I have the FSUIPC.dll file in my modules folder in FS, and i even put my internet traffic to allow all, but its still nothing. Then when i go back to fs to disconnect from the multiplayer, FS always freezes and does not respond. Im getting furious with this thing, and I really want to get back to flying at VATSIM, but this is the only problem stopping me. Does anybody know what might be wrong, or have any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Pedro

same problem with fs2002 and win2000.sometimes an errour occourred when I launch sb!!!desperation!!!

Guest rcritz

Have you tried putting 127.0.0.1 in the box where it asks for an address?

Guest m3pimpin

Yep ive tried a dozen times putting in that ip, but still no luck. thanx. pedro

Guest rcritz

Are you running XP? If so, have you disabled the internal firewall?

Guest m3pimpin

Nope i am running windows ME. Ive set my internet traffic to "allow all" but still no luck. Thanx. Pedro

Guest rcritz

Ok, only one more thing to try that I can think of. Do you have both SB 2.3.4 and SB 2.3.5 installed on your system (so you can fly with FS2000 and FS2002)? Be sure you are running 2.3.5 while trying to fly in FS2002. 2.3.4 does not work with 2002.cz

Guest m3pimpin

I have the FSUIPC in my modules folder In FS. I have squawkbox version 2.3.b5 , and still no luck. Everytime i go into FS to shut down the multiplayer session due to the fact that Squawkbox is not working FS always freezes, and doesn't respond and i have to ctrl+alt+del to shut fs down. Im getting really annoyed with this and love flying on VATSIM, but i just dont know what other problem there might be. I also tried uninstalling fs, squawkbox, and FSUIPC, and reinstalling them again, but still didn't work. I really dont know what to do, and I want to get back on flying with VATSIM. If anybody else suggests anything else, please post. Pedro

SirI have EXACTLY the same problem myself, the only difference is that I am running XP but I have turned off the firewall within XP and use ZONEALARM instead. Most frustrating.wings737

Install IPX protocol and choose that protocol for your MP session. You don't have to use TCP/IP.King

Looking for games..eh?It is trying to find a MultiPlayer session game that you should have already started. You have started a MultiPlayer session prior to starting SB, haven't you???Bob Dodge

Guest m3pimpin

Yes, of course I have started a game prior to it. I still dont know what is wrong with this.

Now having exactly the same thing. How did you cure it please?Graham

I have NEVER connected successfully using the 127.0.0.1 loopback address (or by leaving it blank) in the multiplayer search box. I connect by firstly hosting a multiplayer game in FS, then go back to the multiplay option in FS (File dropdown menu).... you will see a "host options" box has appeared...this contains any details of the host session that has just been created... select this and you will see the IP address of the multiplayer game. Copy this ip address, start squawkbox and then paste it into the squawkbox search box... this should find the multiplayer session ok.To my knowledge this is missing from ALL instructions on how to connect.Hope this helps.MicTic.

Hi,I've had to take off McAfee firewall. This has cured the problem. Dunno why I put it on in the first place.Thankyou for your reply thoughGraham