Sign in to follow this  

Does SB work in XP?

Hi allI m getting a little frustrated as I cannot get SB to work. I am running FS2002 in XP, have been in touch with a few guys who have checked I am running the latest version of SB and the latest fsuipc file, additionally I am setting everything up correctly even trying the 127.0.0.1 link but SB cannot find it, it just goes on and on and on finding NOTHING. I have even turned off the built in firewall of XP and installed Zonealarm (which I have disabled when trying to use SB) any other suggestions would be much appreciated. There has to be a reason why its not working. FLY SAFELYwings737

I have exactly same setup and problem as you and I've not had any solution so I guess there is a conflict with XP --- unless anyone knows differently and can help

Adethanks for taking the trouble to reply, what we need now is for some one who IS running XP, and HAS got SB to work. FLY SAFELYwings737

SB and RogerWilco both are working fine on my system running Windows XP Pro and its firewall.I did set up SB as per the steps stated in the SB manual (at the SB site).Did you start up a multiplayer session in FS2002 prior to starting SBHost and SB?Hans

Hansthank you for contributing. I am pleased to say I too now have SB running on my system thanks to support and guidance from other users. The bottom line as in most of these cases was down to installing the LATEST software. Both in the SB release for 2002 and of coarse FSUIPC. Again thanks for replying and FLY SAFELY.wings737