Sign in to follow this  

SB Problem

Hi guys,everytime I want to let SB search my MP-session it gives me an error read out: "Error enumerating DirctPlay games" ?!?What does that mean and how can I get rid of it?Suggestions are welcome :)Best regards, Renfield

Are you entering 127.0.0.1 as the IP? I know that it may have problems if you leave it blank, but try 127.0.0.1 and let me know if it works (unless you've already tired it hehe). Hope this helps!Jason

Hi Jason,yep I already tried that out. It did not help :(I still need some more suggestions.Regards, Renfield

Hmm... Don't know what else to try. Maybe someone else will know :) I know that one time I got a directplay error, but restarting Squawk Box fixed it. Good Luck! Oh yeah I meant to spell tried right, but put tired for some reason.. Maybe I was just too tired while typing that post out hehe...And now I thought of this... Not sure if it will do any good thoughGo to Run then type in dxdiag and press enter. This should open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. At the top click the Network tab and try test Directplay... You might also want to look around in there and play around with stuff to see if anything seems to be acting weird. Or it could also be you're firewall (if you're running one). I know XP's firewall causes some problems so you might want to disable that if you have it enabled. Just some suggestions! Hope you get it working :)Jason

Hi,had the same problem as you describe running Win2000. Make sure you're connected to Internet before searching for the multiplayer session and you'll find it ok.Patrick (EBBE)

Hi Patrick,well, my problem is, that my SB is only able to find the MP when I am not connected to the Internet. At least, that was the situation before I got this error message. Now my only way to get online flying is w/o MP and that is quite disappointing.May be someone else has another idea.Best regards, Christoph