Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_hewitt

CSL traffic problem

Guest ben_hewitt

Hey guys im having a problem where sometimes people on vatsim are the same aircraft I am even though i have CSL installed correctly..I have noticed this happens with the pre filed planes who put their aircraft type as something different from CSL such as A320/M-SRIWY/SIt is really annoying because as you can imagine having 6 AI planes on a busy day as the same aircraft as you are..the FPS are terrible!!Is there any way i can stop SB from using my aircraft?Thanks in advance! :)Oops forgot using FS2002 with SB Host in WideFS (Still does this if i run SB on the same comp and with the DLL.

Guest Flyingdutchman

Hey Ben,Same here!!! Would like to know the answer too!On my oldtimer 500mhz it ain't that funny @ LHR as BAV heads out for ab 'all together' trip :(I'll keep an eye on the topic!:-waveEvert-----------------------------Webmaster of the Holland Aviation Sitewww.xs4all.nl/~ewz-----------------------------

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

As you have already figured out this is not your fault.It's a problem of SB & FS multiplayer.There is a work-around but everybody has to do it.That is, BEFORE connecting to a server, file a dummy flight plan having selected the correct a/c from the TCAS list on top.THEN connect to the server and refile your flight plan normally.This will help the other pilots to see YOU with the properl CSL shape, but if everybody follows this procedure, you will start seeing the rest as appropriate.Also, in order to help your fps for those who don't follow this procedure, connect to a server using a default FS a/c (and of course filling your dummy fpl as usual). After you are connected, change to the aircraft of your choice.FS Multiplayer in conjuction with SB have a small bug that they don't recognize a/c changes after you connect. So all other a/c that have not defined their type properly will be visible for you as the default a/c you initialy connected with.Hope this makes sense.. :-)Regards,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest ben_hewitt

Thanks George, good tip! :)