Sign in to follow this  
Guest nbl957

XP and SquawkBox Problem

Guest nbl957

I've been reading the posts covering some extended period about troubles getting SquawkBox to load. Here's my situation which appears to have popped up quite recently.If I log into XP as Administrator I can use SquawkBox without problems. If I log into my normal user profile everything works until I tell SB to connect, it then crashes with an error. Only the SB program crashes, all the others SBRelay, FS9 Multiplayer and SBHosts are still there and working fine. I can even restart SB until it crashes again on my connect attempt.Finally, even if I use "run as" and run all these as Administrator it still fails at the same spot.Can anyone suggest what the problem might be here? Please don't reply with "just log on as Administrator"Thanksbf

Guest nbl957

I'm very happy to report that I have solved my problem. It turned out that I had more than one SquawkBox.ini in different places. I just deleted all but the one in the Windows directory and had a nice little flight today without incident.bf