Sign in to follow this  

This is Fantastic!!

Hi all associated with VATSIM,After many years of flightsimming, I finally took the plunge and bought a headset/microphone and got myself set up for online flying. I took my first flight Thursday night (KLAS-KLAX), and have since done two more (KSFO-KSAN, KDFW-KATL). I want to say that I could not believe how much it added to my enjoyment of the flying! Even when I had to type transmissions, or when I was cruising along with 20 minutes between communications, the feeling of having real people around me and controlling me was incredible. It certainly made me take the flights that little bit more seriously. In fact, it took me quite a few minutes to work up my courage to push that "talk" button the first time :-) I needn't have worried, as every single controller I have dealt with so far has exhibited the utmost courtesy, professionalism and diplomacy in dealing with me and the other pilots, not to mention the able assistance they have been so ready and willing to give a new online flyer. On another note, I want to thank you for a very well laid-out and organised web site, especially all the tutorials and training materials. The quality of your web presence really made it a breeze for me to make the transition from solo flying to "world" flying!THANKS, THANKS, THANKS :DLiamLiam S. Dunch, Ex-pat AussieTour Manager, Collette Vacations

Hi Liam.Welcome to VATSIM! It was really nice to read your post and I'm glad you enjoy VATSIM. Online ATC/Flight Simulation has been around for so long now that we sometimes forget that there are many simmers out there who are just discovering it. We also forget the joy we had when we first discovered it as well. In the blink of an eye, the virtual world goes from a ghost town to a community which is alive with people who love the same things you do...aviation and flight simulation.You are only now beginning to discover the wealth of resources that the virtual aviation community has made available through the hard work and time dedicated by countless individuals. The best part of it all is that the vast majority of people don't care if you are the new guy in town. They will welcome you just as they were welcomed when they first discovered VATSIM. I have no doubt that before long, you will learn much more and meet many new friends.Once again thanks for your post and welcome!Best Wishes.George S. MarinakisVP Operations (VATSIM6/VATGOV2)VATSIM Board of Governors