Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan_Pergau

Live report from the front lines... day1

Guest Dan_Pergau

Hi everyone.I got in to Toronto from Ottawa last night and started my first VATSIM convention adventure. After getting some Wendys and doing some YYZ plane spotting with Rob Hall (AKA ACA856) (and saw an Aeroflot 767, British Airways 744 and 772!!, various Air Canada hardward including many 76s and this one AMAZING 744 departure etc..etc..) headed for the Best Western. We tried to call Harv at his room but sadly was not there. I kept insisting that I bet he's at the bar but we continued the search just about everywhere else.We ended up finding him at the bar :-lol with Ernie Alston, Scott Bickford and his guest, Harv and his wife, Roberto whose last name escapes me, Bill Van Caulart who I didn't recognize but talk to almost daily (sorry Bill) and Terry Scanlan all the way from Australia! He had flown 20 hours with Air Canada the same day so I'm sure he was enjoying his drink the most!So we shared lots of laughs, got moved to the lobby (perhaps due to noise) and gave the hotel a taste of what they will have to put up with for the next 3 days.. lots of fun and lots of laughter, not to mention lots of beer drinkage.It should be a great weekend!!!!Dan PergauOttawa, Canada.. temporarily migrated to Markham