Sign in to follow this  

newbie question on pitch trim

Hello,I don't know if my default FS2k2 settings are messed up, but even when I am speeding down the runway in a cessna at 100+ knots, it just refuses to lift unless I pull back on the yoke. In all other flight sims (including FS2000), the aircraft lifts off on its own without the need to pull back on the yoke as soon as I hit around 60-65 knots in the cessna. This happens when I use the default pitch that an aircraft starts with. If I pitch it really high, then the aircraft does take off on its own. Is it just me ?

Guest Lindy

No, I don't think it's just you. I believe MS dialed in some serious default nose down trim, especially in the Cessnas. I just reset the trim to something more to my liking. Besides trim setting is something that should be checked on preflight/pre-takeoff anyway. ;-) BTW, I like to leave enough nosedown trim that I DO have to pull back on the stick in order to get airborne. I prefer it that way..... to each his own.-Lindy :-wave

While on the subject of pitch trim, I have a problem I can't get rid of and gives me a real pain at times... On some aircraft,not all, the trim will move on it's own from where it was set and will not stay set in any givin setting... It just continues to move of its on free will... The aircraft are not the same nor are the gauges the same and it does not happen every flight... Any one have any idea what causes this and how to correct itRon Mashburn

I had this problem a bit when I was using checklists that called for the autopilot to be set and armed in advance (activating the ALT hold but leaving the master switch off). It seems that the trim function sometimes works before the autopilot is actually turned on, usually with rather surprising results! Just leave all A/P functions off until after you turn on the master switch. (That said, I do occassionally still have problems with altitude hold, but only rarely now).Liam S. Dunch, Ex-pat AussieTour Manager, Collette Vacations

Thanks, I will give this a try...Ron Mashburn