Sign in to follow this  
Guest PHIL88

Flying into Europe

Guest PHIL88

Dear All,Just a quick question planning a flight from Gatwick to Paris CDG, where do I file my flightplan ? is it with VATSIM UK?How do I connect to VATSIM Europe, once airbourne and departing the UK, are there any particular procedures I should follow ?Your help would be much appreciated !!RegardsPHIL (BA192)

Guest rcritz

You don't connect with a region. You just connect to the network, any server, and go. They are all interconnected. Their names just help us identify them but have nothing to do with what parts of the world they "recreate" for you.

Guest Stamatis

Further to what Richard replied, if you file your flight plan after being connected to the server of your choice, the flight plan is automatically "available" to the entire VATSIM network.It does make no difference to which server you connect.You could for example connect to a US based server, if it offered a quicker connection time to you. It wouldn't make any difference either to the system nor the procedures you have to follow.Stamatis

Guest PHIL88

Thanks guys that answers my questions, I have however since posting this message completed a flight online from Stansted to Birmingham, which was very lifelike and exciting and I also managed to sort a few other questions out for myself.Thanks againPHIL