Sign in to follow this  

How does everyone else figure out ETE, and Hours of Fue

I'm using simatc.com to send my flightplans up to the vatsim server. I used to use FS Navigator 4.0 to make fp's which gave an estimated time enroute, however simatc fp's do not. I need to find out 3 things:1. The only way now to figure out ETE is through FMC? I'm using the PSS Boeing 777 which is a great plane. Does anyone else figure it out a different way?2. This is harder for me to get. The estimated hours of fuel onboard. I can read the guages for gallons of fuel, lbs of fuel, etc..but nowhere can I get an estimation of time of fuel there is onboard...is there a certain formula to figure this out?3. When using SB within FS2002 full window, I tried the .messages, like .atis, or .atc so I don't have to switch back to sb, or some text commands to switch squawk stby or mode c- they didn't work though....can anyone list some of those commands? I cannot find out in any tutorial a list of those commands and the exact thing to type in the SB window.THANKS--- I LOVE VATSIM--I only wish that Vatsim and IVAO can join servers so that there are double the ATC/Pilots online at any given time.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I'm using simatc.com to send my flightplans up to the vatsim >server. I used to use FS Navigator 4.0 to make fp's which >gave an estimated time enroute, however simatc fp's do not. >I need to find out 3 things: Try PM Flight Planner.>1. The only way now to figure out ETE is through FMC? I'm >using the PSS Boeing 777 which is a great plane. Does >anyone else figure it out a different way? With PM Flight Planner or calculating by old way: All you need is paper, calculator, pencil and aircraft performance charts.>2. This is harder for me to get. The estimated hours of >fuel onboard. I can read the guages for gallons of fuel, >lbs of fuel, etc..but nowhere can I get an estimation of >time of fuel there is onboard...is there a certain formula >to figure this out? PM Flight Planner or manually. ;)This information is not so important, controller would not see it. If we had traffic planners, it would be useful, then it'd be possible to give slot times etc.. We tried it in Nordic Overload fly-in, successfully. But it's not needed for normal traffic flows in VATSIM yet.

I also fly the PSS 777 and use FSBUILD 1.40 for all of my flightplan needs. Works like a charm allowing you to export both a PSS 777 fp along with a squakbox flightplan-- makes everything super smooth. File your fp using squakbox, then load the route into your FMC.FSBUILD is free.http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/a...er1/fsbmain.htmThe new one looks (v.2.0) looks even better.

>I also fly the PSS 777 and use FSBUILD 1.40 for all of my >flightplan needs. Works like a charm allowing you to export >both a PSS 777 fp along with a squakbox flightplan-- makes >everything super smooth. File your fp using squakbox, then >load the route into your FMC. Please tell me, is it realistic? ;)Pilots need a plan too, for safe and successful flights. PMFP makes the Lido-style briefing package for you and it calculates fuel, time and much much more. Just try it, you'll love it. :)