Sign in to follow this  

Cessna being called heavy!

Okay I really fly Beechcraft King Air 350's, but I figured that subject above would get more attention. :-wink2Anyway, almost every controller calls me a heavy, expects me to fly at 250kts+, and so forth. One said that procontroller was calling me a heavy. Now I've never seen that progam so I don't know what he's refering to. I have selected this exact aircraft name: Beech : Super King Air 300/300L W300LW My Aircraft type shows BE30/ as I file my flight plan, as I have no prefix, suffix selected. I'm using SquawkBox 2.3 Beta, build 5. What am I doing wrong? :-zhelpErk .. *:-*

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suspect that your trouble is in your flight plan. Make sure that your airplane, in your case the King Air 350 is selected in the list box next to the word "TCAS". Also make sure that in the Suffix box, there is not an "H". This is what lists to the ATC controllers that you are a "heavy". I believe that if you select the right aircraft, the suffixes are automatically filled out, but I am not sure. There is also a box for "True Airspeed". This box lets the controllers know the approximate cruising airspeed at which you intend to make your flight. Check this box, if it is 300knots or more, this could be why a controller wants you to go 250 knots.I don't know if this fixes your problem as it has not happened to me. However, I have seen it as a controller.....just reread your post & fired up VATSIM. Instead of clicking on Super King Air 300/300L W300LW, try just the Super King Air. This brought up in aircraft type B350. Had to fix the suffix & true airspeed myself. Hope this helpsGeorge