Sign in to follow this  

Solicitation of comments for ZMP (Minneapolis)

Hello folks,As a controller at ZMP (Minneapolis), I see a lot of things happening on VATSIM. We control one of the largest sectors in the United States. I would invite you to fly into our sector and say hello. Enough of my shameless advertisment...For those of you who have flown in the MSP airspace I would like to know what your thoughts were.Did you enjoy flying in MSP?Did you find the controllers knowledgeable?Any comments you can think of, I would like to know them.now, some things that I have started to see. I have been seeing recently more than a few flights from MSP that take a person WELL out of the way. It seems that these websites that have the "preferred" routes, are actually the Severe Weather Routes from the FAA. This is why you often get more than one choice for a route.I would suggest the following web-site for your flight planning...http://www.fly.faa.gov/Products/Coded_Depa...s_database.htmlThis site is ALWAYS up to date, as it is the FAA's own database.2 final comments...1.) Pilot's should realize that we in MSP utilize the STARs as much as we can. Even if you don't have charts, we will still vector you into the airspace along a STAR.2.) We welcome "newbies", and encourage you to train with us. We have a staff that includes many real world pilots and real world instructors, as well as a couple real world Air Traffic Controllers.Come see us, but let me know your thoughts as well.J. Jason VodnanskyJetStar Airlines http://www.jetstarairlines.comVATSIM Senior Instructor