Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

How to create a "company" channel on rw.avsim.net RW se...

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

I see several "company" channels on rw.avsim.net visible in the RW Servers TAB in ServerInfo 2.0, eg /pwa etc.How does one create a company channel?I tried to create one using "Join" in RW where I filled in the text box channel as "rw.avsim.net/mtnair" but that didn't show up on the list.May be only the proprietor of rw.avsim.net can do this?Larry

Guest TheJones

Allow me to repeat Matt Johnson's word as written here http://snn.simflight.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?...tem=11288&utag= :A gentle note regarding "company RW channels"Folks,Firstly, this isn't a "problem" right now, but has appeared on my "concern" list. I'd appreciate it if people would read the following, comment (if they feel the need) and take to heart.Having just connected to rw.avsim.net, I've found 10 channels which aren't either unicom or active ATC channels in use, some of them with up to 10 people in them.I know you've all seen Harv and our supervisors on weekend evenings saying that double logins will be removed, and enforcement of OBS login periods taking place on the network itself. We also want you to bear in mind that the RW bandwidth is donated too, and that we expect it to be used responsibly.My interest is piqued when I see channels with names such as "cb" on our servers being populated by people who are clearly VATSIM users. This extends (although in a much less concerned mode) to the various company channels being used.Please, if you're just chatting to your buds and aren't connected to the VATSIM network, don't connect to rw.avsim.net either; keep the bandwidth and the processing power for those doing ATC and flying online. You can host a room yourself, or, better yet, encourage your company to run their own RW Base Station.Like I said, it's not a "problem" right now, but I'd like for there to be a solution before it gets that far. :)In short, don't :-)Ilan Jonas

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

So nix on the company channels on rw.avsim.net but if I host the RW session on my own machine (or second machine) then that's OK.Understood.Larry