Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

REQ: IRF CLEARANCE

Guest A32X

Sirs-How do you get your clearance, squawk code if your departure airport is closed and the FIR above is closed too?BTW - How do TWR/APP get clearances for you and squawk codes? Do they just make them or up or do they need to contact someone?Regards,

Guest MB327

For the first question, see answer 2 in the post that is three down from this one, http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1402&page=The second question is not a good one for me to answer but I will tell you what I "think". Squawk codes are generally assigned on VATSIM based on local and regional guidelines. The controller software, ASRC, manages the codes once the parameters are set.

Guest Tim

HiYep, each airport does have its own set of squawks. And within the UK division most of us use a programme called ATCA. Which assigns squawk codes to aircraft depending on their destination like in the real world.Tim

>For the first question, see answer 2 in the post that is>three down from this one,>http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1402&page=>>The second question is not a good one for me to answer but I>will tell you what I "think". Squawk codes are generally>assigned on VATSIM based on local and regional guidelines. >The controller software, ASRC, manages the codes once the>parameters are set.In VATUSA, squawk codes are allocated (and especially well if using ASRC) under the real-world BAP, or Beacon Allocation Plan. Some of this is being grandfathered in, as ASRC is still quite young. Each ARTCC gets two sets of ranges...which are actually broken up into numerical ranges to avoid duplicates. One set is for aircraft flying to a destination outside the sector you control, the second for aircraft flying to locations inside. In theory, no squawk code should be the same (at least in the region), since there are 8 raised to the power of 4, or 4096 discrete codes, minus three or four codes reserved, and one absolutey NEVER to be used on the network (Hijack).