Sign in to follow this  

VATSIM Controllers

Hi everyone. I'm new to the AVSIM forums, but not at all new to Flight Sim or to aviation.I'm wondering how one becomes an ATC at VATSIM? What are the qualifications and/or training materials? It's something that I, and some of the others in my virtual airline (Hyperion Airways) are very interested in learning more about.Thanks!Scott E. KellyPresident of Operations and FinanceHyperion Airwayswww.flyhyperion.tk

Start at www.vatsim.net and go from there. I know that the vatusa site has a lot of information, training stuff, and downloads for us new guys. The training requirements and advancement procedures may seem stringent, but with well trained controllers, it brings some order to the chaos. There are a large number of ATC sectors to choose from for "employment" as well.Its a lot of fun controlling the traffic. And as you learn about airspace and other details, you'll find areas to improve your flying techniques and procedures, making everything much more realistic and "by the book"...Good luck, and happy hunting,Dave JDenver VARTCCStudent 3