Sign in to follow this  
Guest NickLivans

SBRelay 1.2 and FS2004

Guest NickLivans

Hi all, I've been using FS2004 for a while now on Vatsim. When I begin a flight everything works fine. When I am out of range from another aircraft and SBRelay removes it form FS, SBRelay crashes and I lose all the multiplayer aircraft from FS. However in SB TCAS all of the aircraft are still there. Anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a fix for this?using a PIII 1.o Ghz512 mb RAMRadeon 8500 128 mbThanks,

Guest MB327

I am in hopes that this is just a setup problem but I really do not know from what you are reporting because I have not seen that behavior. 1. What version of FSUIPC do you have?2. Do you have SB properly registered in FSUIPC?3. Are you sure you are using SBRelay version 1.2?4. Do you have the CSL library installed in your FS2004 aircraft directory?5. Are you using HostSB?6. And finally, are you using any 3rd party TCAS on your aircraft panel?Try checking your setup against this tutorial by Sami Purohttp://www.fsnordic.net/article/tutorial/s...4/sb_fs2004.php

Guest NickLivans

I have a registered version of FSUIPC 3.08, and I am using SBhost version 1.2, I do have the CSL aircraft in FS2k4 aircraft file, however I am not using HostSB, im Using the external SBHost. And I am not using any 3rd party TCAS gauges. Thanks for your help!

Guest MB327

Hmm, OK I am stumped. I assume you did go to the link I posted crosschecked your setup of the software. And also you followed the SBRelay tutorial http://www.fspilotguy.tk/ I am not even sure what to ask beyond that in your case. Confirm you have checked yourself against the setup tutorials and let's see if one of our other (read wiser) people can jump in here with a suggestion.I want to help but admittedly lost this one.Mike

Guest dweese

Does this happen all the time or is this just something new? What software do you have running in the background? i.e Servinfo/MSN Shut down everything but a firewall, and what you need to run FS.Is it with only one aircraft? I have a B737-800 if I use a default FS9 panel for this it works fine. I have a custom 737-800 panel for 2002 that has always caused problems with FS9. Try going on-line with just a learjet or some other default FS9 aircraft.

Guest NickLivans

Nah this happens all the time. I have everything off, even the firewall. Any a/c that I use, I still have the same problem. I guess it is isolated to my config in the computer, and it must be conflicting with something.....I guess I have to wait for SB3 to come out so I can see the multiplayer a/c again....sigh!Thanks for all your help guys!

Guest NickLivans

I do have 9.0b installed. I dont know what else it could be..... maybe I just have to reinstall everything.Thanks

Guest dweese

That would be one way of finding out. If you really want to find out what is causing the problem and have the time. Do a full system reload. Then just install FS and try it, install nothing else, no firewall/virus software and so on. Then start installing your other software, and see if/when the problem comes back.I know that sounds kind of drastic, but you have really got me on this one.

Guest MB327

Take one more stab at it by trying with a clean FSUIPC and SB ini file. As Dave said, you have me on this one.Mike

Guest NickLivans

OK...... I reinstalled everything....from FS2K4 to Squawkbox, and still the SAME problem. Maybe it's the video card? I'm using a Radeon 8500 128mb, Catalyst 3.7 drivers. And I just updated to FSUIPC 3.10.Or maybe i'll just go bact to FS2K2. LOL

Guest NickLivans

One more thing, where is the SB.ini file located? Do I need any squawkbox .dll files in FS main file? Don't see one there.

Guest MB327

The Squawkbox ini file is in the C:Windows directory.HostSB is the only dll file you need:5. Edit your FS9.cfg file and add this statement.[OldModules]HostSB.dll=1Copied from David Weese's tutorial:http://www.fspilotguy.tk/

Guest NickLivans

I've tried everything and still no luck. I guess it is a problem in DirectPlay because when a player is removed from the session I lose all the multiplayer a/c from FS. DirectX does not show any errors.Is there anything I can do to reinstall DirectPlay?Thanks