Sign in to follow this  
Guest NickLivans

SBRelay 1.2 and FS2004

Guest schmidtrock

>OK......>> I reinstalled everything....from FS2K4 to Squawkbox, and>still the SAME problem. Maybe it's the video card? I'm using>a Radeon 8500 128mb, Catalyst 3.7 drivers. And I just updated>to FSUIPC 3.10.>Or maybe i'll just go bact to FS2K2. LOL Don't go back to 2K2 just yet. I have the same card Radeon 8500LE and had the same problems. U need new catalyst but don't get it from ATI go to driverheaven.net and look for the newest Omega catalyst for ATI 2.4.96a I believe. It is based on an as yet unreleased ATI catalyst 3.9 Should fix your problems. Be sure and uninstall your ATI control panel before running the Omega install. Bonus, this driver also fixes the screen flicker at startup and switching between full screen and window mode. U also can overclock the 8500 with the omega control panel. I've been using Omega drivers now for over a month and am much happier with them than ATI.Schmidtrock

Guest NickLivans

Those drivers are GREAT! It really did fix all the video problems i had, but still SBRelay is freezing after a player is removed. Gonna have to wait for SB3 to come out then.Thanks to all of you for your help!

Guest dweese

Nick don't give up on us. I have been talking to a few other people having the same problem with SBRelay. There must be some common add-on you have causing this problem. Can you send me some info on your system setup. Post it here or e-mail me at d_s_weese@msn.comWindows versionSound card typevideo cardinternet connection and any hardware you to conect with (router, cable box)There has to be something here that is putting you in that 1% of the people that have problems.Have you tried using SBhost.exe that comes with SB? Some people have something that HostSB.dll does not like and causes system crashes.

Guest NickLivans

I have.....Sony Pentium III 1.0 ghz"OldSchool" Aureal Vortex 8830 SoundcardRadeon 8500 128mb video cardWindows XP ProCable connection with no firewall or router512 mb RAMAnd I use SBHost when I connect, HostSB REALLY drops my framerates.also when I use SBrelay and it crashes I cant even type in my FS chatbox to communicate with ATC, hovever when I use the IVAO client that relays for FS2k4 I still have the same problem, butam stll able to use FS chatbox to communicate with VATSIM ATC.If u need any other info on my PC post and ill add the infoThanks!Nick. N7004US for you pilots

Guest dweese

Thanks to Julio Santiago, for his e-mail from Microsoft tech support about the error some of you maybe seeing running FS9 and SBRelay. Look at Step 3 and read the link. There is info for Win98 and Me users as well. >Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Product Support. My name is Vinay >and I will be helping you today with the issue in Flight Simulator 2004. > >As I understand, there are issues with being able to play FS2004 after >installing a third party add-on for the game. It is seen that the game >freezes from time to time resulting in the game not being able to be >played. > >Julio, I can understand that this issue has resulted in you being unable to >play the game. Let me try my best to help you out with the issue being >noticed. > >If the issue is being seen even after uninstalling and reinstalling the >game, it is possible that this issue is being caused because of some of the >third party programs not being removed properly from the system. This is >because the third party add-on will basically utilize some of the game >files r >esulting in the game not being removed completely from the system. > >I do understand that you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling >the games. However, I would request you to try these steps once more using >the steps given below and check if this helps. > >Let us proceed in the following manner: > >1. Remove all third party software for FS2002 and FS2004 from the system. >2. Remove FS2004 and FS2002 from the system. Delete all folders related to >this game. >3. Reinstall each game to a separate folder on the system in clean boot >mode >4. Test the game in both single and multiplayer games and check if it works >properly. > >The steps given below are quite long and you may wish to print this >information before trying it on the system. > >Please remove the programs like Squawkbox for FS2002 and the programs >downloaded from Vatsim.net and other programs like the Roger Wilco software >which are installed on your system. Please use the control panel to remove >these programs from the system as this will remove all files used by that >soft >ware on the system. > >After removing these programs please proceed to uninstall and reinstall >both FS2002 and FS2004 in separate directories. Please use the steps below >to do this: > > >Uninstall and reinstall FS2004 to a new directory >--------------------------------------------------------------- > >Step 1: Uninstall FS2004 >--------------------------------- >1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. >2. Double-click "Add or Remove Programs". >3. In the list of currently installed programs, click Flight Simulator >2004, and then click Change/Remove. >4. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the program. > >Step 2: Delete the Flight Simulator folder >----------------------------------------------- >1. Remove the FS2004 CD from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. >2. Click Start, point to Find, and then click "Files or Folders". In >Windows ME/Windows 2000, click Start, point to Search, and then click "For >files or folders". >3. In the Named field (or "Search for files or folders named:") type >"Flight Simulator 9" (without the quotation marks). >4. In the "Look in" box, click My Computer. >5. Click to select the "Include subfolders" check box. >6. Click Find Now or Search. >7. Right-click the Flight Simulator 9 folder, click Delete, and then click >Yes when prompted. >8. Close Find Files or Search window. > >After this, open the My Documents folder and delete the folder named Flight >Simulator Files if this folder is present. This folder stores the saved >games in FS2004. > >Step 3: Clean boot Windows XP >-------------------------------------------------- > >From the system information it is seen that there are many programs that >are run in the background. These programs may prevent the game from being >installed properly. Clean booting the system allows us to make sure that >none of the other background programs interfere with the game. This is >because >a clean boot will not load any of these applications and will prevent these >programs from interfering with the game. > >NOTE: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the >Administrators group in to complete this procedure. If your computer is >connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from >completing this procedure. > >1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in >the Open box, and then click OK. > >2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup and then clear all of the >subsequent check boxes except Services. > >Note: You will not be able to clear the Use Original BOOT.INI check box. > >3. Click Services tab, click Hide All Microsoft Services and then click >Disable All. >4. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart your computer. > >For more information on the advantages of clean booting the system, please >refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article below: > >331796.KB.EN-US Games: How to Perform a Clean Boot to Prevent Background >Programs from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...KB;EN-US;331796 > >Step 4: Clear the temporary files folder >------------------------------------------- >To do this, use Disk Cleanup Manager. > >1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click >Disk Cleanup. >2. Choose the C: drive and click OK. >3. In the Files to delete window, make sure Temporary files and Temporary >Internet Files is checked. Be sure to un-check any other boxes that you >don't want to cleanup. >4. Click OK. > >Click Yes to complete the operation. > >Since the temp folder is used while writing the files to your hard disk, >any corruption in the files in this folder may cause the game installation >to get corrupted. > >Step 5: Reinstall Flight Simulator to a New Folder >---------------------------------------------------------------- >1. Insert the FS2004 disk 1 into your CD-ROM or DVD drive. >2. Click Custom Install. > > NOTE: If Setup does not start automatically, follow these steps: > > a. Click Start, and then click Run. > b. In the Open box, type the following line, where is the > drive letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive: > > ":setup" (without the quotation marks) > > c. Click Finish. > >3. Select Custom Install and click Next. >4. Click Yes if it prompts you to install Acrobat Reader. >5. Click Folder. >6. In the Path box, delete the existing path, type the following line > > ":Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9" (without >the > quotation marks) > > where is the drive on which you want to install Flight >Simulator 2004, and then click OK. > >7. When you are prompted to create the folder, click Yes. >8. Choose the Complete installation, click on the Install option and follow >directions on your screen to install the game. > >Test the game after installation in clean boot mode and check if it works >without any issues. > >After testing the game we can boot the system normally using these steps: > >1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in >the Open box, and then click OK. >2. On the General tab, click Normal Startup. >3. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart your computer when prompted. > >Please let me know if these steps helped to resolve the issue being noticed >in the game. > >If you have any doubts or clarifications in this regard, please feel free >to mail me, I will be glad to be of further assistance. > >I hope that I was able to help you with this information and will look >forward to your response. > >Thank you again for using Microsoft Online Support!

Guest NickLivans

I had reinsalled everything about 2 weeks before and still had the same problem. And as for step 3, I've been doing a clean boot since I installed WinXP about 2 years ago! I still have the SBRelay freeze problem.

Guest dweese

Try this program instead of SBRelay, it came out before SBRelay did, from the guys at IVAO I used it before SBRelay was released and it works fine on Vatsim, as the sever software is almost the same.http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zipLet me know it that works. If it does may help other people and may help track the problem down with SBRelay.

Guest NickLivans

Yeah I posted before about the IVAO client. Works just like SBRelay, freezes after a player is removed, however, when SBrelay freezes i cannot use the FS chatbox to communicate with ATC, but when IVAO client freezes I CAN communicate with ATC throught FS.

Guest dweese

Nick I'll have some more info for you later this week, talking to some one else who has the same problem. What are you using to connect to the internet with? One other thing you could try, talk to some one with dial up internet see if they could stop by and let you try there login. That would take your router/cable box/DSL modem out of the picture and tell you if its a system setup problem.

Guest NickLivans

I'm using a cable modem, i'll try a dialup session and i'll post the results tonight. Can it be a problem in FS9 cfg? Maybe multiplayer setting are not set right? Don't know what else it could be....

Guest NickLivans

Yup, even before i posted i contacted the author of SBRelay. he said he could'nt find a fix for the problem, and i've tried everyhing that he posted.

Guest dweese

Nick, what type of Cable modem box do you have, the other guy I'm helping that is having the same problem has a Toshiba cable modem, maybe its that box

Guest NickLivans

Yup, I have a Toshiba modem also.

Guest dweese

Haha, I think we may have this one worked out. Its got to be the cable box, then. There must be some other thing that has to be done to this box to let it work.