Sign in to follow this  
Guest BK1

SB error

I tried to start a long flight tonight from KSFO to EGLL. I'm fairly new to VATSIM and have only done short haul european flights before now.Tonight, I get an error message when I try to connect in SB (I am flying PIC767 in FS2K2) as follows:"Error: Syntax Error in Packet"My route is KSFO DUMB6.LIN HABXU DUCKE NICOL MVA TCH OCS BFF ONL GOOLD MCW SABBO SIBER DUTYS BAE DABJU GRUBB MONEE EJOYS ECK ECK24 HEIMS YSO AMERT MAVOD YOW KRAKE YJN YSC YSC49 MLT TOPPS DOTTY NATZ BURAK SHA ABAGU DIMUS SLANY STU DIKAS NOSDA BASET BNN1D EGLL, exported from FSNav.Is this anything to do with the route, or is it something else?Any advice gratefully received.Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry, forget it. Somehow SB had substituted my password with something else.Bruce.

Hello Mike, thanks for asking.Put it this way...I have to conciously limit the time I spend online for the sake of my marriage!!It is hugely addictive, but I think that the most appealing aspect is the sheer reality...real time, real people. Tie it in with the most realistically simulated aircraft (IMHO :-)) the PIC767 and it truly is as real as it gets.I've had a few hiccups, sure, like (and I hesitate to admit this one), taking off from completely the wrong runway, against incoming traffic, but neither I or the controller spotted it until I was at THR HOLD. He then did a sterling job of vectoring me out of the way of arriving traffic and presenting me to the CTR controller as if nothing had happened. The best thing was we had a laugh about it!I did UK internal flights at first, then when I was used to the terminology I did some European flights. I enjoyed taking part in the Munich Oktoberfest last night. The next project is to tackle EGLL at a busy time, but with the layout charts and FSNav's moving map to tell me where I am I'm reasonably confident it won't go too badly wrong.I'm occasionally flying in the US now as sometimes the only time I can get online is late at night, but most of the UK and European controllers have shut down. However, that is just about the time that the US is getting up and running.Hope to pass you in the skies sometime!Bruce