Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Problems with double messages on chat window during multiplayer session

Hello, I'm a new vatsim user and I have a vouple quesitons to which I didn;t find answers anywhere else. One of them (#1) is a bit complicated to explain but I'll try my best: 1. I noticed since my first online flight that on the chat window of FS2002 there are two callsigns associated to me. One appears to come from the callsign I enter on the squawkbox's connect window, and the other appears to come from the "player name" entry field in the window that pops up when I first open the sb main program and connect to the FS2K2 session I am hosting. Whenever I type something for the ATC in the chat eindow and hit enter, the msg appears twice, as if the two identical callsigns are speaking simultaneously. Any commentsor suggestions? Please???? 2. I don't understand why do I have to file two flightplans when I go flying online. What I mean is that I file a fp in the vatsim.net website and then I have to file it again through squawkbox, entering the whole info again. Which one is the one used and viwed by ATC? Isn't there a way to just enter the whole thing only once and save time?3. I usually fly in PSS add-on aircraft (pro Airbus and B777-200) that are equiped with TCAS. However my nav display doesn not show other multiplayer aircraft, as it would the AI. Is there any way for me to view mmultiplayer aircraft in the navv display?

Guest ielchitz

Hi there.1) Only one message is actually sent out to the network. Although it shows two in your MSFS MP chat window. If you look in the SB or the SBRELAY window you will see only one message sent.2) You only have to file one. Either file online using the web based system or file with SB. You don't have to do both.3) Download and install AIBRIDGE and your MP targets will show up on TCAS just like AI.More info available at the VATSIM PILOT RESOURCE CENTER. VATSIM.NET and click on the appropriate link.Have fun.

Guest rcritz

>2) You only have to file one. Either file online using the web>based system or file with SB. You don't have to do both.>In fact, if you file online (which is the preferred model), you cannot file via SquawkBox. Attempting to do so will just cause the web-page filed plan to be resent. You cannot modify it from SB.cz