Sign in to follow this  
Guest SN898

errors with Squawkbox and FS2004

Hi allI get 2 errors every time i use squawkbox.(I ave everything setup, SBrelay and SBhost)The first is after i select the game from Squawkboxes list and click join.The windows title is ICAO.DATThe test inside it "Critical error: could not open file"then "OK" button. It seems to load ok after this.The second is when i file a flightplan. it says "You are missing the file: csl_icao.csvAircraft will not be shown properly"Somthing that could be connected with this, is the way i cant seem to select any aircraft from the aircraft scrollbox. There are no aircraft listed, just white space.Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SN898,Welcome to VATSIM.Sounds like you have not installed your SB properly.You are missing some files that can be installed by following instructions in another discussion from a few days ago. Read the info in the last post here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchAlso - I STRONGLY urge you to visit the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center located at http://vatsim.net on the left menu under PILOT RESOURCS. This is an amazing reference for how to set up software as well as how to get going on the network. It really should be required reading.Please let us know if you get this problem solved and feel free to ask any other questions.

ok, what am i doing wrong:1. download Squawkbox (latest version)2. extract the folders3. run setup4. point to created FS2002 dir (like it says in the resource centre)5. confirm6. set FS2002 install7. install squawkbox to default directoryThen, i remove the csl folder from fs2002/aircraft and stick them in fs2004/aircraft.then...1. start SBrelay2. start FS20043. join multiplayer session pn Sbrelay4. create flight5. select SBhost from the modules menu6. load squawkbox