Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Use same key/button for MS ATC and AVC?

I've been trying to find a way to get the same button (the right trigger of my CH Yoke) to bring up the MS ATC when I'm flying solo and also work as the push-to-talk button in AVC when flying VATSIM.For whatever reason, MS ATC is disabled when you're in multiplayer (correct me if I'm wrong but for me it doesn't come up in MP when I hit its assigned key). Thus, what I've done is to assign the default key to it in FS (the reverse apostrophe, below the tilde key) and then told FSUIPC to send that key when I hit the right trigger button. This is working in FS now. Even though I could just assign the button to that task in FS, that wouldn't work for AVC. Thus, by keeping it just a key assignment and having that button send a key, I would think AVC would be able to then grab that button from FSUIPC (assuming FSUIPC gets in before AVC) and then have it read that key is the Push-to-talk key.The problem is, it doesn't seem to be working. If it was working that way, when I go into AVC to configure the key to use and press that button, it should register as the key I've told FSUIPC to send. Instead it's just sitting there.Pete Dowson says what I want is possible with some editing of the FSUIPC.INI file but I didn't think it would need to be that complex. Has anyone else solved this so that you don't need two different keys do essentially do the same thing?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!