Sign in to follow this  
PilotGav

Possible BUG found in HOSTSB.DLL

I have discovered a possible bug in hostsb.dll.I've been noticing lately that I can't switch back from windowed to full screen mode in FS 2004. The screen freezes, and the mouse cursor continually flashes between arrow and hourglass.After intense testing, I've learned that this ONLY happens with hostsb.DLL in the modules folder. when I remove it, everything works fine.I don't even have to RUN the module - it just has to be in the folder.Who should I report this too? I don't know where the module comes from.Gavin

Guest mikelally

Hi GavinJust noticed your post. I have exactly the same problem. Has anybody else had this problem and been able to solve it.RegardsMike

Guest Marv

Hi Guys,This is a known issue for some systems. You may have to run in windows mode to use it. It doesn't matter if you use the DLL or not, as long as it is in the FS Modules folder, FS loads it. I use the desktop version of SBHost, therefore no DLL is needed. Works great for me, and no switching issues. Marv

Guest dweese

Hey Marv what is the desktop version of SBHost??Do you mean SBhost.exe? Problem with that host program is you have to switch back to windows mode to see the SB window

Guest Marv

Yes,But you can ALT-TAB to the desktop. SBHost.dll is just one module too much for my machine, and I don't think XP likes it that well. Other's may not have a problem with it at all. SBHost.exe is an option that I find workable for my setup. I use the onboard GPS quite a bit, so I don't go to the desktop that often myself. As far as traffic goes, I keep my eyes open, and hope ATC is doing what they do. :-)Marv

Guest bassman700

I have the same problem with my setup, but it doesn't seem to happen all the time, but gets worse over time. Since I run 2 monitors I dragged my SBRELAY, SBHOST.EXE, SB, AVC Client & AVC Tuner desktop icons over to the 2nd monitor and it seems to allow me to load and connect every time while leaving FS9 in full screen mode. Very wierd!Asus MB - 256DDR - Radeon9200 - Athlon 2500 Barton - FS9 It's not a RAM problem ... I added another 512 ... no change.Greg Bishop CYWG