Sign in to follow this  
Guest FnO17

Squawbox problem

Guest FnO17

hi you guys, hope you can help meOk, the problem its the following: when i log on to vatsim, my flight status in servinfo always appears with a "?". Also says that i am like in the middle of my flight when i am not even started, and finally says that i am in another position completely different from the airport that i am parked in, and last but not least the controllers can't see me in their scope parked in that airport. I dont know if its a servinfo, a fs2002 or a squawkbox problem....Any toughts?Cee ya in da skies, thanks for the help

Guest dweese

Check your direct X version. You need to be a Direct X version 9.0b now a days for everything to work right.1. Click Start menu Run2. enter dxdiag.exeOn the botom of the first window that opens you should see a version number, sounds like your at 8.2 or 9.0. Go to Microsoft's site and get the update.If thats not it open you Control panel and open Regional and Language settings. Click Customize on the Regional Options tab, and set your List separator to a . if is a , or the other way around. Not sure which one it is.

Guest FnO17

I checked my DirectX version and its 9.0B, i also removed FS2002 and squawkbox and installed them again, but nothing. The problem still there. Does the FSuipc version has anything to do with it?. I don't know what it might be causing this mess and i can't fly because controllers dont see me where i am supose to be....Anyways, thanks for the help

Guest dweese

Yes you need to be at FSUIPC version 3.xGet it from here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlThen go to www.vatsim.net/prc login (if your not a memember sign up for it) got to click on Basic Pilot Training, and read the doc Vatsim 103d and f it will show you how set everythign up for FS9 and SB

Guest FnO17

Ok, useful guides you got there ;-). But i still have a question about the FSuipc: after i registered it exactly how describes the guide said this: "Thank you. You will need to re-run the program or ad-inn just registered so that it can gain acces to Fsuipc" and my question is what am i supose to do now?Thanks for the help

Guest dweese

All its telling you is, if you have the program running that needs FSUIPC you'll need to shut it down and restart it before it will work.