Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krk

WSAE Timed Out

Guest Krk

Hi!I have created an VATSIM account today and followed the install instructions for FS9 according to the tutorial in the PRC.(For some reason Squawkbox crashes when using this FS internal host (hostsb.dll) so i am using the SB Host.)Even though i obtained the current VATSIM server IPs with ServInfo and opened the ports mentioned in the tutorial i can't connect to any server and get the error message above.Any suggestions what else could be wrong?Thank you!

Guest dweese

The problem with hostSB.dll is a problem for some.Make sure the password you are using for Vatsim is the one they send you and not the one you have for the PRC pages.You may need to open more ports then that, when I created those setup paged that was a list that I had given to me, I don't have a router so you may need to add a few more.Read this http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.html

Guest Krk

I guess there has to be some secret trick in connecting to a VATSIM server with the Squawkbox. :)To test if i have connection problems due to closed ports i tried forwarding all from 2300-2400 and 4000-65525 on tcp and udp.Other software, which needs open ports in this range is working fine but the Squawkbox can't establish a connection.FS9 reports "Squawkbox: Flight plan send" when i send it - so the SBRelay seems to work.I think i've missed something else.... but what? ;)Krk

Guest dweese

Other then your router are you running a second firewall program?I have heard of some people have problems with Norton, and McAfee Some thing else you can try is this program over SBRelay, it worked for some when SBRelay will not, have no idea why.http://www.ivao.org/data/files/software/FS9SB2MP.zip

Guest Krk

Thanks for your advise, but the problem was a misunderstanding on my side. I thought these ports had to be forwarded into my lan to allow a connection from outside. Indeed they are supposed to be open in the other direction ;) Krk