Sign in to follow this  
Guest REP621

INVALID PASSWORD OR CALLSIGN

Guest REP621

When Connecting to SB i keep getting this "invalid password or callsign." i am using my Vatsim ID number and the callsign i have always used and the one that is stored in my computer. I have been off Vatsim and SB for several months. Vatsim websight still shows me as a member. I am using Windows98, FS2000, and SquakBox2.2.2. All the usual pluggins are updated. here is what i've always done to loggon to a SB session: first i create a multiplyer session in FS2000; then start SB and ensure i have the USA-1 IP entered which pings well on ServInfo; i put in a REALISTIC six digit standard ATC format Callsign; i enter my Vatsim id, i enter the password (five numbers that vatsim gave me when i joined a few years ago); next i get the invalid pw or callsign message instead of the familiar "ding dong." Why am i not able to get on? Please help me or email me with anything. XpectVectors2iaf@aol.com My name is Steve. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Guest dweese

Vatsim did a password change for all users last fall, you should have got an e-mail about it, if you have kept Vatsim up todate with your current e-mail address. If not use the links on the Vatsim page to contact some one in memeber support about getting your info updated.If you did get a new password try using the IP button in Servinfo to create a new ipaddr.txt file and copy that into your squawkbox folder that will give you the newest server IP address.

Guest REP621

the new ipaddr.txt is created as you suggested. no better results but thanx for the info.... thank you also for letting me know what's happening... it would appear that i have a new PW since i've been innactive since fall. hmmmm. i'll wait to hear back from Vatsim.

Guest XavierVN

Hia,In case you still have the problem and you are sure your PWD an ID are correct, you can try renaming squawkbox.INI (usually in your c:windows) to squawkbox.OLDNext time SB starts, it will create a new ini, and may solve your problem.Greets,Xavier

Guest REP621

Thank you all very much for your help. I am back in the freindly skys of VATSIM. Turns out that somehow for some reason my email was blocked on the screename i use for flying. Vatsim was unable to send me my new password when they changed over. Then there is a security feature that ensures 24 hours go by between password retrieval attempts. i had to wait a few days with active email to get my password.