Sign in to follow this  
Guest AFIntel

Newbie Problem with VATSIM

Guest AFIntel

Howdy, First let me apologize for posting this. I'm sure the answer I'm looking for is somewhere here on the forum, but after an hour of searching I couldn't find it. Here is my problem: When getting ready to fly, I start all of the required software (SBRelay, FS9, etc). Within FS9 I select MODULE/SBHOST/RUN. That starts fine. I then ALT-TAB to explorer to start Squawkbox. While Squawkbox is running I can ALT-TAB between SB and FS9 with absolutely no problems. Each time I select a menu from SB, it iconizes FS9 with no problems. HOWEVER, once I select CONNECT in SB I can no longer ALT-TAB (or select in any way) FS9. Even when I have the Task Manager up, it shows FS9 "running", but I cannot get it up on the screen. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions/comments about this problem? If so, I'd be very happy to help. I need to begin my IPT with vUSAF soon. I'd rather not be washed back into another pilot class :)Your assistance is greatly appreciated.AFIntel

Guest dweese

Don't use ALT+TAB as the HOST window is really a window with in FS9 not your desktop. You should be able to select it with you mouse. AS far as not beeing able to select your FS9, I get that sometimes even without SB running, have to right click it on the taskbar to get it open.I would suggest not using FS9 in fullscreen mode and do not minimize your FS9 window at anytime once SB is running. The current verison of SB was created in the days of FS98/2000 and its limping along for FS9, fear not mind you SB3 looks to becoming along nicely