Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

The other planes around me

Guest georg

Hello,I have around 1300 pilot hours in VATSIM and Im still flying there like a crazy :D. All the time I have been very frustrated when somebody joins and appears with same airplane model as me. If I am flying for example a 737-800 by PMDG, the model itself is already very resource hungry and if there are many such models around the airport, then my frame unfortunately goes below 10 or even 5, so its impossible to continue flying. Ofcourse I have copied the CSLs correctly in FS2004 and most time I have the CSLs displayed, but when the described situation appears then its really annoying. Does it happen only with guys using the VIP library for example? Sometimes I have got to repair the problem by typing .pir and the callsign of that pilot who has same plane as me. But very often it just doesnt help.Thanks!

Guest dweese

This happens because, some one is using a custom CSL file that does not come in the base pack of CSL's. Which yes is a pain because the 'C' in CSL stands for Common. Really nothing you can do about it for now. SB3 with use VIP3 and will have a new way of reading the other pilots so if they have a cutsom 747 model that you don't you'll get a basic 747 model.

Guest georg

Thanks for answer. Yep, I was also thinking that it can only be because they dont use some standard one. Maybe it should be forbidden in VATSIM to use others than standard, because it really disturbs other pilots a lot! I dont know how polite it is if I kindly ask the pilot to switch to standard?

Guest dweese

Good question. Sounds like something that should have been looked at years ago. Good thing SB3 will fix this problem.

Guest georg

Hehe will... any idea hows going with it? I dont think it will be out this summer?

Guest dweese

I would say that there is little chance for summer. But with freeware software you never know.