Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rego

2 questions

Guest Rego

I'm afraid I'm another frustrated guy who'd like to try VATSIM. Two things stop me in my tracks now--1) Every time I try to log into the Pilot Resource Ctr. I get 'Invalid Login.' My ID & password are copied directly from the email from VATSIM. I used to be able to get in, but VATSIM informed me that I had a previous ID and my later one was cancelled. Fine, I'd use the old one, except that it has never worked. Can I somehow cancel completely and start over??2) When I try to connect in Squawkbox, AVC pops up with 'Your callsign was not found. You must log in on a VATSIM server before joining a voice channel!'I did a search of this forum for help, but I ended up reading interminable posts that never really helped. I'll prolly keep trying this every weekend until maybe I hit a breakthrough.I thought there was a FAQ somewhere, prolly in the Pilot's Resource Ctr., which I can't get to any more. Thanks for any help you can give.Ed Gates

Guest Rego

In regard to 2) above--I have entered the correct ID and password into AVC.Ed

Guest 737NGCapt

1) I believe you need a seperate password for the PRC, i'm not positive. If you continue to have problems, ask them to delete your account and re-register.2)If you use voice, then when you connect to VATSIM with Squawkbox, you have the "Use RW Voice" option selected, so that when you connect, AVC will pop up and you must enter the callsign you are using in the box. Chances are It'll have your old callsign still int he box, so you must enter your new one.Hope this helps, If you have more questions, post away :)AJ LongResearch and Marketing VP - Hyperion Airwayshttp://www.HyperionAirways.comVATSIM Miami ARTCC Air Traffic ControllerMicrosoft Windows XP Home Edition

Guest Rego

Thank you AJ! The separate password for the PRC worked (and it says I need it in plain sight).As for voice connection--I have 'RW voice' checked and I have entered the correct call sign, ID, and password in the AVC box. It must be something else that keeps me from connecting, but what??Ed

Guest dweese

Got a router/cable modem?You may need to open ports for AVC to work.

Guest Rego

I have a cable modem. Where can I get instructions on opening ports? Never had to do that before.Thanks for replying!Ed

Guest leadZERO

Are you positive you've entered the same callsign in SquawkBox AND AVC? Right click on the SB, go to ATC Functions, Change callsign.

Guest dweese

You'll have to look up that one on your own. You will only have to do this if your cable modem has a built-in firewall. Talk to your ISP but if everything else is working the this should not be the problem as you would have had to open ports for SB/FS as well

Guest Rego

I simply had to choose a server that was working (in the connection box). I had the updated list from ServInfo, but the server that was chosen wasn't working (I guess).Thanks to all who tried to help. Without your support I'da given up long ago.Also cheers to VATSIM pilot course for wonderful detail and clarity.Ed Gates