Sign in to follow this  
Guest j9viper

squawkbox aint workin....still

Guest j9viper

I have re-installed everything. FS2004, SB, SBhost.dll.....completed re did everything......added dirextX 9.0B and SB still gives me big problems. I really need to get this fixed. Someone cntact me so i can get some help.mswanson@woh.rr.comI have winXP, 1.2 gig AMD....radeon 9200SE....700+MB RAMI cant figure out what it keeps givin me the "....has encountered a error and needs to close" screen. Then my host.dll thing freezes up i cant cant do anything.PLEASE HELP!!my patience on this program has ended

Guest dweese

In your SB folder there should be a program called SBHost.exeDelete the dll and try that one it sets up the same way. Some poeple can't make the dll version work. But the exe works with no problems

Guest j9viper

that did it....thanksnote to fs2004 users.....dont use sbhost.dll.....lol

Guest MarkB

>that did it....thanks>>note to fs2004 users.....dont use sbhost.dll.....lolDon't see why you say that...I've been using it for about six months now with ZERO problems....

Guest dweese

Yup and the dll has always worked for me better then the exe file, I'm not use what the problem is with this. But there are a few people out there that have this problem.

Guest j9viper

what makes me say that is the fact it really screwed up my pc.....

Guest dweese

It couldn't screwed up your system, its just a DLL that has been in use for 3 years now by 30,000+ users. You are one of a very very very small group of people that can make this work, most likely because of some other software running in the back ground, be it a program you load or something that windows loads as a driver for some hardware you have.It just causes a system crash. Which means nothing with computers now a days. Any screw ups you may have, are caused buy the installing and reinstalling of FS and other software, as not all the old info got delete when you did the reinstalls

Guest bfindlay

Have read and re-read the tutorials in the PRC.On WinXPDirectX 9.0bSSDP service disabledUPnp disabled in routerBroadband connectionOrder of operations:1) Start Servinfo, click on VATSIM (I exported the file list to Squawkbox folder once)2) Start SBRelay - wait for status to indicate ready.3) Start MSFS and go to multiplayer session. Click 'search' and nothing happens. Try the 127.0.0.1 IP nothing happens. Ever.Have disabled Norton Protect, and have tried running it without ZoneAlarm.Windows Firewayll is off.Totally stumped.

Guest alex_l

Hello,I had the same problem as "j9viper", sbhost.dll crashes instantly as I start it. Using the exe works just fine, thanks for the tip !I'm using win2000 with the latest patches, using ZoneAlarm. I'll try to find what's causing the problem with the DLL. For now, going for my first flight online :)Best regards

Guest dweese

Some people have this problem with the DLL not sure what it is, could be Win2000 not sure. Never have found a fix for it.

Guest pamber

I am having problems with squawkbox - I am starting up the prog with squawkbox.exe -not SBhost.exe and then getting an error message -which .exe should I be using when prompted to start squawkbox - please!!Bernie Lonnen

Guest dweese

BothYou need to start SBhost.exe first.Read the Vatsim 103 docs at www.vatsim.net/prc for more help