Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacko

Online Flying In General

Guest Jacko

Good afternoon.I have a few questions regarding flying online. If the seem silly I apologise.When you fly online do you see other peoples aircraft flying?For example if I'm flying from Manchester to say London. Would I see other people in the skys and there aircraft as they are? Like if I was flying a 757 British Airways. Would someone else be able to see my 757 British Airways as it is?Also is it easy to get up and running?And do you speak to controllers through headsets just as in real life?

Guest dweese

--->I have a few questions regarding flying online. If the seem silly I apologise.Not silly at all.--->When you fly online do you see other peoples aircraft flying?Yes--->For example if I'm flying from Manchester to say London. Would I see other people in the skys and there aircraft as they are? Like if I was flying a 757 British Airways. Would someone else be able to see my 757 British Airways as it is?For the most part yes, there is a new version of the software in the works, that will do a much better job that what we have now-->Also is it easy to get up and running?Yes and No, it all comes down to your system setup. If you have a router or cable modem you may need to open ports so that the programs can get to the internet. As well if your running FS2004 there is a little more to the setup then FS2002-->And do you speak to controllers through headsets just as in real life?You bet, best part about it, and its good clear voice too.Check out www.vatsim.net/prc for software setup info look for the Vatsim 103 docs

Guest Jacko

Thanks Dave for you reply.Sounds fantastic!I've toyed whether to go ahead with it or not, and I think I'm going to have to give it a go.Does it have an impact on Frame rates at all?

Guest JF737WN

For the most part, Not.It all depends on how fast your system is :)