Sign in to follow this  

KEYPAD

I'm probably in the wrong place. I'm not looking to build a cockpit but I do want to obtain/build a 120-key pad that resides between my regular keyboard (or connected in some other fashion) and my computer. The pad must be programmable and I would like the buttons to light (on/off) as I use them. The purpose of this pad is to input all of the relevant FS2002 key combinations so I don't have to keep pulling out my keyboard drawer and stretching my fingers all over the keyboard to hit 3 keys.I've looked at several commercial keypads. One company did not have a pad with enough keys. Another had a membrane type pad with 120 touch pads but there was no light function and none of the "keys" could be made persistent.Can anyone point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if this is not the right place, point me in the right direction - and I'm sorry I strayed into this forum.Thanks for your time.Confucious say, "Man who fly upside down have crack up."

Sounds like a good forum to me...Is the membrane one you're talking about the Cedeq one? I believe Cherry makes one that is actually keys with customizable keycaps. But I think you'd be hardpressed to find one that lights. Then also becomes the issue of starting them right given their Flight Sim state. The button/switch units from GoFlight detect the proper Flight Sim setting and they may be an option, albeit a more expensive one.Let me know if you find anything!Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.com

Thanks Thomas.Yes the membrane key pad is Cedeq. This is not a bad unit and I may end up using that. The price isn't too bad - $180.A lot of manufactures use Cherry keys but they aren't big enough. I've not visited the Cherry site so I'll try there.I didn't know about GoFlight so I'll also take a peek there.Thanks for your response. What about building one - has anyone tried that - what about software.Confucious say, "Man who fly upside down have crack up."

...what about the Microsoft Strategic Commander! It allows you to programme up to 72 Keyboard commands. I use it for FS2002 and it works a treat.Best wishes,Darren Sugden