Sign in to follow this  

Engraving

Hello fellow builders I have a question and would like to know if somebody in here can help me out.Me being in europe it's maybe easier to get some help or an address in this part of the world.I am trying to find a companie or a place that could engrave switches that I can use in my homebuild flightdeck.I have called so many companies or shops and and got more succes with companies but then ended up with a too high price because I am not taking larg orders.Maybe a online companie that does ingraving for an affortable price.Anyway thank u all in advance.Nihad

Guest MikePowell

Nihad,Here are a few hopefully not too far off the mark suggestions:1) Buy your switches without engraving. Diasassemble the switch and take the switch cap to a service that makes engraved name tags. Ask them to do the engraving for you. Engraving is also done by some sign makers, and some tool and die/machine shops.2) Check with Peter Cos at the A320 Project (see the Partners links page here on Avsim) Peter has a number of Microswitch AML series push button switches that may meet your needs.3) Perhaps you can do without engraving. The AML series switch has a two piece button cap. The outer portion is clear. There is a removeable translucent colored inner portion. Perhaps you can print your switch legend on a clear transparency, then cut the legend out sized to fit between the inner and outer portions of the button cap. AML series switches are manufactured by Microswitch and are available through a variety of electronic parts distributors.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Hi Mike,I am using PC panels I am working on the pedestal of the B747.However I will follow your advice and visit some of those shops that make name tags.Thanx again sir.I have some ideas and if they work out I will share it in here for those interested.Nihad