Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Problems with MSFF 2

I have to calibrate my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 every time I load FS2002 in order to get the feedback response. I have Win XP ProTIA

Yeah!! I have the same problem. ANy help? I'm using win2K

There are no centering forces with MS sticks in MS Flight sims by design says MicroSoft. Makes sense after using it for a while. There are no centering forces in the sticks on real aircraft so it's "as real as it gets". The other forces are sutle. My MSSWFFB1 works great once I got used to the sutle forces; except with the helicopters. There is no FFB period with them. I suspect that's by design too.Anyway, my FFB1 is going kaputz after only five years. The thing has started making a terrible racket forcing me to unplug the thing when not in use. So, I guess I'll be going out on Friday to the Brand New Best Buy that's just opening here in Traverse City and buying a new stick. Looks like it'll have to be an MSSWFFB2 since the No. 1 isn't available anymore and I gotta have FFB in a stick and it can't have one of those stupid spring thingies. So unless someone has a surprise recommendation, I guess I'll be stuck with the USB stick this time around. The only question I have is concerning the USB. Does it require any more from the CPU than the FFB1 did?????

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,I have no problem with the FF2. Actually I enjoy it a lot: it helps feel the non-trimed situation and feel the decrease in forces progressively while triming back the aircraft. In CFS2, you have a neat force effect when firing the guns!I've not installed the FF2 tools on CD with WinXP. The drivers are already included with WinXP. A side effect, I do not have the control panel to adjust the forces. But it defaults to maximum so I like it like that. Did you installed the FF2 CD? maybe this is a known issue with XP and Win2000. The only trouble I have is when hot swapping devices on the USB port, sometimes, the FF2 is not properly recognize by the system. The only cure is to reboot with the FF2 plugged in then (does not happened too often though).As for the consumption on the USB port or the load on the CPU, it does not seem to be that noticeable on my P4.Hope it helps!