Sign in to follow this  

Fuel management on turboprops

I'm working on making a GA cockpit for a single engine turboprop and I was wondering if civilian turboprops (specifically Piper's Meridian )have the ability to select which tank to take fuel from & to transfer the fuel load during flight to balance the weight of the aircraft. I'm asking this question because all I ever worked on is mititary helicopters and the helos have this ability (at least to transfer fuel from the external tanks to the main ones). :-rotor

HH,Excertped from an article in which the Meridian is reviewed:"New Piper's engineers made fuel management easy with a stone-simple design: gravity feeds fuel from the two wing tanks to a header tank aft of the engine; from the header tank, an engine-driven fuel pump supplies the combustion chamber. Worried that maneuvering or system variations might cause a heavy-wing situation and overload the S-Tec 550? Relax. An automatic system senses an imbalance and pumps fuel from the heavy tank to the header until corrected; an annunciator shows when the system operates. It could hardly be simpler. Other than activating the boost pump for engine start, you never need touch a fuel-system control again until time to shut down."Here is a link to full article: http://www.avweb.com/articles/meridian/