Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTWhite

Thinking about home cockpit

Guest JTWhite

Im in the "thinking" stage of building a home helicopter cockpit.First question for you veterans out there....The Celeron computers arent too expensive. Do they have the necessary muscle to run as a client on WideView???Thanks for the help.John.

Definately! The Celeron is almost = to a P-II. A P-I would be adequate. For a client running software for visuals like "Project Magenta" a Celeron is still an economical chip but you may opt for a motherboard with an AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port).I am planning a B747-400 and have read of tons of people using up to 7 clients, I plan on 2 0r 3, with the use of Matrox's new Parhelia card (3 outputs) I can run my Pilots MFDND & Co-Pilots MFDND and the Eicas displays on 1 PC, and all 3 CDU's on another! Project Magenta is an incredible program www.projectmagenta.com But it is open GL which really isnt that demanding, in other words "Looks Good" "Less Filling"