Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Reverse Thrust Electronics

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi all,Some of you ask to repost the electronic schematic for the reverse thrust. Unfortunately I've lost the image and haven't saved the schematic.But, I will do something better. I'll try to design a schematic for the complete throttle control along with relays control to lock the levers to several positions. Let's see what I can remember from electronics after about 15 years!Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest Mark McG

George,How about some kind of magnetic switch attatched to the end of the thrust levers, that activates when the reversers are deployed and locks the thrust levers in place while the reversers are deployed.Would also require something similar for the reversers that would lock them closed when the throttle was being used.Mark

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ok, here's what I came up with for now.It's quite simple and can be transfered to printed board very easily.S1 and S2 can be anything you like as far as they are toggle switches, i.e. remain closed or open.S1 controls the reverse being active. I.e. if the fixed resistance (Max to Idle) or the reverse pot is used.S2 controls the relays. When open Relay K1 is energized and K2 is released, and when closed Relay K2 is energized and K1 released.Let's see how it works.When using normal thrust including idle, S1 is open and the fixed 50K resistor is in line with the 100K pot of the normal thrust lever. So, max thrust will give us 150KOhm and idle will give us 50Kohm.When reverse levers are moved enough to close switch S1, the 50K pot is getting in line with the 100K pot istof of the fixed resistor. So, we have variable reverse until 0Ohms which will be full reverse.Relay K1 should be linked to the reverse lock since it's energized while normal thrust is used, and relay K2 should be linked to the normal lever movement.Something does confuse me in the relays circuit (uses the remaining half of the IC) so I think it needs a bit more study.Transistors may need to be used to control the relays cause I don't know how much current the IC can take.If anyone cares, please do fill in!I have the schematic in EaglePCB format, anyone wishing to work with it, let me know.Geee... it seems it has been too long. Hopefully I will remember again! :-)ANY comments and/or corrections/suggestions are welcome of course!Cheers,George

>Ok, here's what I came up with for now.>>It's quite simple and can be transfered to printed board very>easily.>>S1 and S2 can be anything you like as far as they are toggle>switches, i.e. remain closed or open.>>S1 controls the reverse being active. I.e. if the fixed>resistance (Max to Idle) or the reverse pot is used.>S2 controls the relays. When open Relay K1 is energized and>K2 is released, and when closed Relay K2 is energized and K1>released.>>Let's see how it works.>When using normal thrust including idle, S1 is open and the>fixed 50K resistor is in line with the 100K pot of the normal>thrust lever. So, max thrust will give us 150KOhm and idle>will give us 50Kohm.>When reverse levers are moved enough to close switch S1, the>50K pot is getting in line with the 100K pot istof of the>fixed resistor. So, we have variable reverse until 0Ohms>which will be full reverse.>>Relay K1 should be linked to the reverse lock since it'sGentlemen,I am building a two throttle with reverse and was thinking to do the reverse as shown in attachement.A and B are switches attached to the lever throttle. They are normally closed, so, the total resistance with the two fixed resistors in parallel for a throttle is 23.5 Kohm , when I open the switches I have 47 kohm, this way when I put the lever in idle I will have a total of 100+23.5 =123.5 Kohm, if I open the switch, to do the reverse ,I will have 100+47=147 kohm.I was thinking to set in FSUIPC this way:1) Set up the MAX in usual manner.2) Put the lever in idle and do the set up with 123.5 kohm3) Put the lever in idle and open the switch and do the set up for reverse with 147 kohm.Do you think that this will work ? >>>>>>