Sign in to follow this  

Use of a pot-meter to control flaps

I am building a 6-detent flap handle and wish to use FSUIPC to configure a spare pot-meter on my second joystick. I have read the FSUIPC instructions regarding "Assignment of FLAPS_SET control (for FS2002)" and must admit I'm a little lost. I understand how to edit files such as FS2002.CFG and FSUIPC.INI with the Notepad program, but am unclear on what changes need to me made in order to configure a spare pot for the flaps.Can anyone explain this to me?Thanks.

It is explained by detail in the psuipc for programmers, if I am right or was it in the advanced user doc?Anyway in FS2k2 is no assignment for flaps. So the flap_set assignment in the fs2002.cfg file can not be entered. So you should use another one, one that you do not need, for example the mixture for engine 4.Then tell the fsuipc which command in fs2002 you used instead of flaps. It will then take care of the rest.Have a good look at the text. I hope you understand now.Happy landingsNorbert Bosch

Thanks for that. I think that makes sense, I'll give it a try and post back with any problems.Kenny

I had the same problem but finally figured it out with the advanced users document. BTW in the upcomming version of MSFS A century of Flight the flaps are back on the axis list. :-)Ken

Thanks, but I finally figured it out. I simply had to re-read the appropriate section in the FSUIPC advanced manual, and now I understand.