Sign in to follow this  

Introduction

Hello all.... just wanted to introduce myself to the home-built community as a new member. I just ordered all the FSD parts for a 777 and hope to begin construction on the center pedistal in June.I have spent a great deal of time researching on techniques and ideas. Very original stuff! Few questions come to mind that haven't really been answered in my Internet search.1. I agree that it is far cheaper to construct your yoke and pedals. My question is what can I use as a guide for the dimensions, shape, etc. for a B777 yoke and control column?2. EPIC, FSBus, Etc.?

Guest Dodiano

Let me guess Using PSS 777 as a base for your sim?:) Cool you can contact my good Friend Robert Prather airpanther@aol.com he might help you on Yoke dimensions etc... Good luck and Welcome!!Take care.Roberto

Believe it or not, I haven't given much thought to using our 777 as my base. Perhaps I may use our flight dynamics, but I think trying to interface a home built cockpit with the current PSS 777 panel will be a hard thing to accomplish.

Guest MikePowell

Chris,Take a look at www.simpit.de where you'll find a number of pictures of B757/767 cockpit views. The pictures were thoughtfully composed with a ruler in view. Not precisely the B777 info you asked for, but perhaps helpful nonetheless.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comInfo for simpit builders.

Thanks!Another thing I am trying to research is LCD screens. I ordered the FDS B777 MIP for 19" monitors. I am hoping that I can use two smaller LCD's on a dual head video card, or even a 19" LCD. I don't need a full retail LCD... just a LCD without the bezel... open frame is the tearm I think.So far I have not been able to find anyone who has a 5.4 color LCD 800x600 for under $500. Needless to say the 19-inchers are twice that. Thus, I am starting to face the reality that I may have to go with CRT's unless I can find cheaper prices. Problem with the CRT's in my design is the depth and power usage including the amount of heat that they generate.

Guest MikePowell

Chris,There are a number of electronics suppliers listed on the links page of my site. A number of the surplus outlets carry LCDs. Their inventory changes often. You might find something useable through one of them.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com