Sign in to follow this  

Video card(s) question for multimonitor setup

Hello folks,I was wondering if any of you have tried the ATI Radeon 7000 32MB DDR PCI w/ TV out for a multimonitor setup? I'm currently running my PC on a Geforce3 TI200 for my main monitor and a TNT2 PCI card for my second monitor, I read putting a 2nd tnt2 card (w tv out?) conflicts with another tnt2 card that's installed in a pc? This is why I'm thinking of getting a radeon 7000 for my third monitor setup... this 3rd monitor will run my airbus mcdu display. :) I need a TV out so I can output my pc display to a 5" LCD TFT TV. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!Cheers,Peter BinamiraProject Airbus

Hmmm update on my plan:I'm now thinking of replacing my TNT2 PCI card (no more pci slots for an additional pci card) with a Jaton GF4 MX440 dual head w/ TV out card that will run my monitor 2 & 3 setup. Looks more decent? I guess a GF4 MX should be ok for panel views, etc and wouldn't degrade fps as much as 2 pci cards would do. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!Peter

I am running three monitors at the moment and the third monitor is being driven by the ATI 7000 and it works great. Thinking of getting another card and adding a forth monitor.. I am running XP Pro, just plugged it in and it worked... great stuff... Mike B.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I was wondering if you suffer any fps loss with your third video card activated or is the fps loss minimal? I tried a 3 monitor setup before, gf3ti agp, tnt2 and a jurassic s3 trio for the third and it took a big fps drop when i loaded the pss lower ecam on the third monitor... that's why i removed the s3 for the meantime... I have 512mb RDRAM on my P4 1.8 system. :)Cheers,Peter