Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Keyboard command for main Alt / Batt switch

Hi everyone.... what the @#$%^& is the keyboard command to turn on / off the Main Electrical switch (The one that says Alt / Batt in a plane like a Cessna) I've been through the command list again and again with no luck.Thanks,Richard

Guest Glenn Weston

Try doing the key allocation under FSUIPC, there are a couple there labeled Toggle Master Battery Alternator, Toggle Master Battery, Toggle Master Alternator.I think this is what you are after.The list of key commands in the FS menus are not the complete set available, Go to FSUIPC for all the extra's.Cheers Glenn.

Guest Salbado

I think I have SHIFT M in my Hagstrom try it...FSUIPC will allow you to use whatever you want as stated in the last post...

Thanks, guys, I'll look at doing it through FSUIPCbtw.... anyone ever seen 'linked' rocker switches like that? So you can turn on the battery but not the alternator, but if you turn on the alternator it flips on the battery too?Failing that I'll just stick them together so's you have to do both at once - Apart from during maiantainance I can't think of why I'd want to have only the battery on anyway.Richard

Rick:>btw.... anyone ever seen 'linked' rocker switches like that?>So you can turn on the battery but not the alternator, but if>you turn on the alternator it flips on the battery too?Kev:Yes, buy a real one!>>http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpa...cessnaspilt.php>>Get both the switch and mount. That's what I did.So I look at that, and I think, that's not that bad really, about $20 including the mailing and all..... and then I start thinking about how MANY switches there are and what it's going to cost to do them all if I start buying real plane bits :-(Richard