Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapHavoc

Grumman Goose panel for non-Pro version?

Guest Eagle92395

Anyone have a Grumman goose (Mike Stone's version) panel for the non-Pro version in the works? I'm trying to figure out how to make one, but my artistic skills are about the level of a two year old... LOL. I heard there was a way to make pro-guages work in the regular version, but I can't find anything on it. Thanks for any info!

If you have the actual .gau files in your GAUGES directory, they should work in the Std version. A lot of times, however, authors depend on users already having some of the required gau files referenced in their panel.cfg file and do not include them in their downloads. If you do not have copies of all of the gau files referenced in the Goose's panel.cfg file (from other sources perhaps), then look at the panel jpg file provided and choose alternative gauges that look similar from among those you do have. Simply change the gau file references to the ones you do have and you are in business. The panel bitmaps should work fine in either version.Stan V.

Guest Eagle92395

Great! Thanks a lot!

I should have somting in a day or two.With default gauges.Keep an eye on the file librarySamurai

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Yep, sorry 'bout the Goose panel being a Pro Edition release. Actually, if you obtain a copy of the freeware CfgEdit programme, you can, as someone else pointed out, substitute what is not present in the panel.cfg with gauges (in this instance, switches) already installed on your system.

Hi Capn,Your goose panel modification is really nice. I noticed your panel.cfg ......gauge25=Bvr_Boost_Pump_0001, 507,5,21,30gauge26=Bvr_Boost_Pump, 532,5,21,30gauge25 was not included in your download zip here at Avsim. Gauge 26 is there. Are they both the same gauge, if so we can all just make a copy of 26 and name it Bvr_Boost_Pump_0001.gau? Thanks !== WHK ==

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,thanks for pointing out that ommission; have issued an update to the Library.