Sign in to follow this  
Guest tralluccio

FSBUS: I need something more

I everyonefirst of all thank you to the whole forum community, with your invaluable help I'm now on the rigth way to have my very custom mcp panel. FSBUS is a great project but I still can't find some things that are essential for a realistic ifr flying on a fast jet.1)the possibility to configure a switch to act as the clock cronometer start/stop/reset pushbutton2)the possibility to configure a toggle switch to switch the rmi source between vor1 and vor23)the possibility to configure a switch to open/close the radio panel to allow fast frequency changes.add the fix for the x2 rotary bug and that's all I need for my perfect mcp!bye ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>1)the possibility to configure a switch to act as the clock>cronometer start/stop/reset pushbuttonUse the mouse event to synthesize a click on a spot on the chrono gauge click spot. See the utility program that comes with FSBUS for the syntax.>2)the possibility to configure a toggle switch to switch the>rmi source between vor1 and vor2Same thing, need a click event on the gauge probably.>3)the possibility to configure a switch to open/close the>radio panel to allow fast frequency changes.Key event that does Shift-2?Tuomas

I think's now it's not possible yet... :-(But the author work to add a programming feature with languagethat will enable to drive external systems who'are notdirectly in FSlook in the future work http://www.fsbus.de/e_news.html"Eventdriven procedural control with a basic like language to handle complex scenarios which are not part of Flightsim (APU, Lighttest and so on).(not part of 2.0)" :-yellow1BOB

tuomasthanks for helping, but I can't understand what I have to do. I see the fsfinder and fsclient programs but I can't see how I can use them. How can I link a mouse event with a switch? From what I see I can only choose from a list of FS and FSBUS destinations on a switch configuration window.byep.s.I'm sorry if I'm asking about something that has already been explained somewhere else, in this case just give me the link of the relevant documents.

Ok. This is a bit complicated at first, dont worry. Let me try to explain.This is from my config: Set up a PTT (push to talk) switch for Roger Wilco / AVC voice client for VATSIM flying. Basically the voice client expects a keypress to activate "talk" mode. I have set it to be F12 -key. As long as it is pressed down, my voice is transmitted.So, from FSBUS: You add a "New -> Keyboard/Mouse" and call it "PTTKey" or something, the name is just a label.Then you set ControllerID to "0" (zero) - this is important, zero means "local event", if it is non-zero FSBUS tries to send those to a FSBUS running in a remote machine on your LAN, which doesnt exist. So: Keyboard/Mouse: "PTTKey": ControllerID: 0, Active (x), Invert ( ). On Sequence: "K+VK_F12" Off Sequence: "K-VK_F12"Now, this "K+VK_WHATEVER" stuff is what you can find out wiht the FSFinder program, type keys to find their "keycode" and write the stuff on the sequence section. You can combine stuff: K+VK_SHIFT;d30;K+A means "press shift down, wait 30 milliseconds, press down key "A" (caps, but it means "a" that then becomes "A" because of the shift key.Then bind your button to this: Destinations: Add FSBUS destination -> PTTKey.PTTKey's "ON sequence" happens when your connected button becomes 1, OFF sequence when it becomes 0 again.I hope this helps, ask if something didnt make sense. And dont worry, FSBUS 2 is a lot easier than 1.3 ever was, but it is still quite complex art to configure some things :)Tuomas

Tuomas thank you very much for your help!now I can start the timer and open the radio panel, I'm still having some difficulties with the rmi vor1/vor1 switch but I'm sure I will get it working too. I couldn't find a keystroke and not even the relevant fsuipc offset for all these functions but I could do it with mouse events.thanks again