Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevelep

using alone-AT power supply with Simkits

Guest stevelep

HiI'm just building my Simkits (I remember when I was young and glueing my airplanes model kits ... :-)) oouups I think my finger is glued on my keyboarddddddd )A important question:I have an unused AT Power Supply I want to use for my Simkits Motherboard. But when I put the 220V and the switch "on" off the Power supply nothing happend.. :-(I think I've to bridge some wire to command the start of the devicelike if the was connect in the PC ?So, if anybody what to do to start this power supply ... Thank's a lotBOB:-yellow1

>I have an unused AT Power Supply I want to use for my Simkits>>Motherboard. But when I put the 220V and the switch "on" off>the >Power supply nothing happend.. :-(>>I think I've to bridge some wire to command the start of the>device>like if the was connect in the PC ?Are you sure it is AT and not ATX? The newer are ATX and need a "load" resistance on the connector. I know there are instructions on how to make it work, but I fail to remember the connections. Maybe someone else will tip you with an url for the info.Btw, when you are fixing the gauges, you dont necessarily need to glue them together (easier to fix them later if needed) - instead use this kind of a setup:http://tigert.gimp.org/vatsim/cockpit-stuff/gaugestrap.gifA metal strap diagonally on the screws on opposite corners of the gauge front plate.Tuomas

Guest LeoL

ATX design spec require 0.3Amps min current on the +5V line and 1A on the +12V line. So keep this in mind when you connect devices to one of these lines. If you're not drawing enough current, the PS won't turn on and you'll need to add a fake load with a resistor.To turn it on, tie PS_ON pin 14 to TTL LOW GND pins on connector. (see pic)Cheers,-Leohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59890.jpg

Guest stevelep

Thank's Tuomas for the great shematicsIt'a a good idea not to definitively glue the simkits box BOB

Guest stevelep

Thank's for your help.I'll try to bridge the two pins you tell meI'm not sure my Simkits Motherboard will consumethe 1A resp. 0.3A minimum ????It's to late in Europe to try now, I'll go to sleepand test it tomorrow.Thank's again, will give you news about thatBOB:-yellow1

Just make sure if it is AT or ATX so you know if you need that pin connection or not?I think AT power supplies have the thick cord with the master ON/OFF switch in it, plus the PC connectors, whereas on an ATX supply the powerswitch works through the motherboard.Tuomas

Guest stevelep

I've just bridged the 2 pins on the connector andThe Fan start.It's working .Thank's for your helpBOB:-)