Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Two of my FSBUS bugs fixed!

Well, actually it was my fault on one of them, and the other it's easy to fix by just editting a file.The first one concerns what I have posted before :"2. When any kind of input occupies BIT 3 or BIT 7 (subIDs 3, 7 ) any trigger of either turns on BOTH those bits. This occurs in every row/bank and on either input bit. I.e. if I connect a simple push button to subID 3 and leave 7 unconnected, when I press thebutton and monitor the key press both subIDs 3 & 7 become active. Same happens when the button is connected to subID 7 and leave subID 3 unconnected. Bot subIDs 3 & 7 become active."After heavy checks with high magnification lens and new batteries on my multimeter, I found that ALL my key cards had a short btn the two routes of subIds 3 & 7!!! How you say? Because I changed the PCB for my use and moved the subIds 4-7 in sequence with the rest so I won't be confused. So the subids on my key cards are sequenced 01234567 and not01237654 as with the original. Also I moved a few of the banks a bit to allow use of ide-type cabletape and PC connectors directly on the pcb.If anyone is interested to the re-design, or Dirk, if you want to put it up on your site, let me know.The other one has to do with the com & nav swaps.It seems the 'bit' declaration doesn't work properly. Whenever I pushed a button to swap nav1 (for example), all the radios swapped at the same time!Hunting down and experimenting I solved this by defining the same FSUIPC offset in the FSU.ini file for each radio swap entry and I8 type.Then from within FSBUS router I changed the value that each swap switch gives according to what I want to change.1 for Nav2, 2 for Nav1, 4 for Com1, 16 for Com2.This works fine and now only the selected radio swaps frequencies.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!