Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomcowe

Making your own boeing 757/767 panels

Guest tomcowe

Hi does anyone know how to make your own boeing 757/767 panels?

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

There are loads of different ways!Most people tend to ue MDF or similar for the base panel and either paint it or cover it. It's easy to work with, it's cheap, and results can be made quickly.Others use plastics and either get them machine cut or work on them themselves. Once again you can either paint it or cover it.Extremists either use metal sheeting, or purchase the genuine article. You can pick these up at surplus stores or by visiting your local aircraft scrapyard.Once you have your panel made, you then need to connect switches, rotaries, buttons, lights etc etc. The choice is yours for what you want to use, and there are companies that will sell you either genuine parts or parts that are close enough to the real thing. A lot of electronics parts stores will have most of the stuff you need.At the end of the day you pick the method that suits you best. Look at other people's websites to find out how they did it, and see which method looks easiest to you. Don't forget you can ask lots of questions about how it was done! :)Hope this helps

Guest MikePowell

Roy,Your site is excellent! A very nice tutorial on panel making.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest royverhorst

Sorry!That site is not mine.I saw this page and thought it wasvery usefull, so I posted the link.My website is http://www.fsweb.net.tcbut it is in Dutch because I live inthe Netherlands.Roy

Guest MikePowell

My mistake. Thank you for the correction.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com