Sign in to follow this  
Guest PINAR

Monitors and Decals

Guest PINAR

Hi All,I have 2 questions.1. Any one knows where one can buy or print out various cockpit decals (a/cregistration nbr, flap/speed settings etc)2. Just receeived my CDU kit from FDS and now in need of a monitorwould this one serve the purpose or are there other suggestions..whats the difference btw between a LCD MONITOR and a LCD MODULE?http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...&St=7784&St2=83230924&St3=48176168&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=124968&DID=7CheersPeter

Guest mmorrell

Hi Peter,What I am doing is to go to an office supply place and have them made up on the same two-layer plastic stuff that they use for making name plates in an office... you know, where they cut away the black where the letters are to reveal the white layer underneath.Typically a "monitor" refers to a VGA/XGA capable device. Often a momnitor will be in a case and have nice buttons for all of the controls. A "module", at least in the contect of the link you show, is a standard TFT NTSC video display. This unit is more of a bare-bones peice without the fancy case, etc. that you would want if you were mounting the thing in your car for the kids to watch TV on. The latter is what you want for your CDU, as the extra cost of such a small VGA monitor is not justified for displaying simple text, and you would end up removing the display from any case it was in anyway in order to get it to fit in the CDU. I have a 5" TFT display module in my CDU and it works perfectly.I have an extra one for sale, if you are interested. I paid $149 for it and would gladly pass on that price, if you are interested. Either way, the 6" model you specify in the link is a little too big for the FDS CDU.Hope that helps...