Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

Rotary decoders available.

Hi, everyone.I need some rotary decoders, and, having no faith whatsoever in my own electronic skills, have decided to have them made. Well, the price I was quoted was a LOT lower than I expected, and if I buy lots it gets even cheaper, so, just like the Knitters, I'm going to buy a bunch and see if anyone else needs some. These are the ones that Leo (Beta Innovations) designed, and I have his OK to do this as he won't be making any more, and he still gets people asking for them.These boards each handle up to three rotaries each, and are compatible with any "grey code" or "Phase shifted" encoder - the standard types in other words. Each board is about 1" x 1 1/2". They can handle inputs up to 32 pulses a second. I can get them for $5.00 each. This time including the International wire fees that I took a bath on with the Knitters!If anyone wants any, email me and tell me how many they want - $5.00 each plus shipping. To keep as much spam as possible out of my regular mailbox,I've set up a separate email address - email me at simpcbs@aol.comRichard

Guest luckas

Richard,I found your post above in the archives, and fearing that your anti-spam email address may already be redundant thought I would reply in this forum. Are you still supplying these ?Paul

yes, they're not made yet - Leo modified the dsign so they'll work with matrix type inputs like FSBUS as well as discrete inputs like his stuff.(The email still works, btw)Richard

Guest SHORT360

Hi RichardI have the impression my mail adress is on a spam list. Did you get my message about the swedish company selling Knitter like rotaries ( Alps pulse rotaries) which do not need any decoder??If we made a big order we can get very good prices.Take a look at http://www.elfa.se/elfa/produkter/en/2030.htm.I got from Leo 5 Knitter switches and they work much better than my Panasonics encoder ( still bouncing) despite an Hagstrom decoder. Cheers,Roger

Guest LeoL

>you get my message about the swedish company selling Knitter>like rotaries ( Alps pulse rotaries) which do not need any>decoder??Roger, I had a look at the specs I can definitely confirm these need a decoder. Look at the bottom of page 4. "Phase difference in output of 2 signals, A and B" <- this needs decoding to work properly.>If we made a big order we can get very good prices.>Take a look at http://www.elfa.se/elfa/produkter/en/2030.htm.If this is in fact the correct link, then they are not Knitter types and need decoding.>I got from Leo 5 Knitter switches and they work much better>than my Panasonics encoder ( still bouncing) despite an>Hagstrom decoder. Odd. I really found the Knitters poor even when just using LEDs to read the outputs. They just didn't compare to the Pans I used...and the reason I got rid of them. I

Guest SHORT360

Leo,I have the link from Mike. May be did I select the wrong Alps, but it seems that there are some ALps called pulse sensor which do not need decoder.With my Pans I really have never ending bouncing. Its a decoder which drives 16 rotaries, custom made by Hagstrom 3 years ago. Do you in fact stop production of your decoder ??CheersRoger

Guest SHORT360

Leo,You are right. The model like the Knitter is called SRBM1L and is worth about 6 dollars. That's too much.Richard,Count on me. I will take about 6 of that decoder. Roger