Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomcowe

Boeing panel fonts

Guest tomcowe

Hi does anyone know what font boeing use on their panels? And where i can get it from?

Guest f1yerian

I think it is FUTURA BOLD and FUTURA BOLD CONDENSED. This is a commercial font and I have tried to find it on the net, but have so far struck unlucky - without paying fees. Perhaps some clever fellow simmer can point us in the right direction?Flyerian

Guest MikePowell

NASA docs call for Futura Demi-Bold and Demi-Bold Condensed. The NASA docs pull from an assortment of US Mil Specs.A few days ago at the local library, I thumbed through a current issue of How magazine, a periodical targeting the graphic arts. There was an issue about typography which included a number of sources for free fonts. They appeared to be mostly whimsical in nature, but the magazine may provide another starting point for tracking down a free Futura typeface.Alternatively, you might try Univers, a font very similar to Futura. Univers may be on your system already. I think it shipped with MS Office.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest mbessler

>I think it is FUTURA BOLD and FUTURA BOLD CONDENSED. This is>a commercial font and I have tried to find it on the net, but>have so far struck unlucky - without paying fees. Perhaps some>clever fellow simmer can point us in the right direction?use the forum search. try "futura"