Sign in to follow this  
Guest shg

3d CAD question

Guest shg

hi!i want to start my home-FD planning with a free 3d cad program.need to have 3d-views, measurements etc. to generate plans etc.any suggestions or user-reports and experience appreciated!thanx for your help guys!!best from viennahans g.

Guest MikePowell

Hello Hans,The only free 3D package I was aware of was PRO/Deskstop Express. The web site now indicates it has been discontinued. A possible alternative is the relatively low cost TurboCAD from IMSI. I have been using it for about two years now, though admittedly only in 2D mode. Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Purely by co-incidence I happened to notice TurboCAD (Which I also use) on sale at Office Depot today for $20.00Only downside I'd say with it is I hope you already know something about using a CAD program, because I am REALLY not impressed with the included documentation (electronic - even the boved version has no printed manual) on TurboCAD - it assumes too much prior knowledge of CAD in my opinion.Richard

Guest perchas

Hi Hans,You must have present two very important things: A.- All the designs that you do will be in format 2D Autocad R14 or Corel 11,no nedd 3D program. The letters, lines and circles to illuminate will have to be without filling, single like vectorial lines B. - the situation of the holes if are round or square and where they fence located the electronics components you would to be to a step and its corresponding submultiples of inches, it is to say grid must be in and spaced 0.0100". This is for a later design of the PCB or if it is wanted to use PCB estandar and drilled (all electronics component the pins are esp

Guest shg

hi!thank you all for your suggestions and comments!rafael, thanx for your inputs - your english ist ok - understand what you mean!looking forward to your website. let me know, if i could help!best from viennahans g.

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

Perchas, sorry to be picky, but the pin distance is actually 0.1 inches, not 0.01 :) Otherwise you'll find that the pins are far too close to each other, which creates problems when soldering!

Guest MikePowell

Rafael,"...Sorry by me poor traslate..."If there is any reason for apologies about language it is from some of us on the English speaking side who are unable to meet you half way. Thank you for taking the effort to share your knowledge and insights with us.Mike Powellwww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest perchas

Sorry, the correct measures inter pins is 2.54 mm or 0.1 inches, finished placing electronic componetes in its suitable place and a step of 2,54 mm or 0,1 inch, change grid to 0,0125 or 80 spaces by inch, this allows me to design the round and square holes of an extraordinary adjustment between the PCB and Panels, it is very important east subject so that the keys of the switches adjust to the panel.Mike your electronic design of the Leds Dim, has served as base for my design in the illumination of the panels, obtaining to illuminate 86 white single Leds with 400 mA of cuurent.Probably the information of your WEB is the best one of all.SaludosRafaelhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/64347.jpg