Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHORT360

Question to programming GURUS

Guest SHORT360

Hi,First of all read please my post on the MSFS general discussion forumhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=179059&page=In the while I got the solution, but I am not able to do it since I am not programmer. The solution to my problem would be simple: A little program dedicated to sound running on a separate computer linked to fs via WideFS and FSUIPC. In one word, what PM Glasscockpit does for the Instruments, that program should do it for the sound. This would allow to the main server to run just the outside view of FS9 and processor and memory wont be overhelmed by all wave files needed.I personnaly prefer a little delay for the sound than stuttering.RegardsRoger

This does indeed sound like a hardware issue, or a mix of hardware/drivers that just dont work together. Did you try setting the sound quality to "low" in FS2004? That doesnt really make it sound *that* bad (and it's just freaking engine *noise* anyway, not Beethoven :))So try a new soundcard. Maybe if you have a good shop, they can let you try different ones once you find a combination that works?Do you also have your motherboard's drivers (AGP and such) up to date? Those can also matter.PC's are a pile of crap put together, sometimes it depends on the phase of the moon to get stuff right.We have been very busy with our sim so we havent really tuned the sim framerates etc to optimal, and the PC itself is not a huge killer beast.Tuomas

Guest SHORT360

Hi Tuomas,But What about my idea to make a soft like PMsounds but working for every sound. It would let much more resources for the graphical loads, and such program should run on older P1 PII computer.You dont think so ???Cheers,Roger

Well, one shouldnt need a separate computer to handle sounds.I mean, it shouldnt stutter really. There's something wrong if there is that much FPS but sound chops. I really think it looks like a some kind of a driver/hardware incompatibility issue somewhere. IRQ conflight or such? I dont know, but it sounds strange.Tuomas